While the Park City area is probably best known for its winter activities, summers in the area are chock full of exciting and fun activities and attractions. Here’s a look at some of the most popular summer activities.
Hiking and Biking
The Park City area has a vibrant and exciting trail system for bikers and hikers alike. There are numerous excursions for anyone who loves the outdoors. There are more than 150 miles of public trails that range from scenic strolls to adrenaline-raising terrain. These trails run throughout the resorts, the town, and the surrounding areas.
If you are a golf lover, you’ll find several area golf courses that can provide a challenge. There are courses that wind their way up and down mountainsides, to sweeping open fairways.
- Glenwild Golf Club and Spa (Private)
- Park City Golf Course (Public)
- Park Meadows Golf Course (Private)
- Promontory Ranch Club – Pete Dye (Public)
- Promontory Ranch Club – Jack Nicklaus (Private)
- The Jeremy Golf and Country Club (Private)
- The Outlaw Golf Cub at Hideout Canyon (Public)
- Tuhaye (Private)
There are several great courses in the nearby towns of Midway and Heber including:
- Crater Springs Golf Course at the Homestead (Public)
- Soldier Hollow Golf Course (Public)
- Red Ledges (Private)
- Soldier Hollow (Public)
- Wasatch Mountain (Public)
Fishing is a favorite summer activity in Park City. There are two very popular fly fishing destinations in near proximity to Park City — the Provo River and the Weber River, both considered blue-ribbon trout streams.
The nearby Jordanelle and Rockport Reservoirs are also popular sites for lake fishing.
You can travel a few miles east into the Uinta Mountains where you’ll find hundreds of streams and small lakes chock full of trout.
Check out a boating experience in Park City as well!
Hot Air Ballooning
Take to the skies and view Park City from a few thousand feet up. Hot air balloon rides will take you high in the sky where you can float gently above the gorgeous terrain.
A great adventure activity that many visitors and locals alike enjoy is rafting the area rivers. There are plenty of places to raft the rivers, and many outdoor companies have offerings that will let you get out on this wet and wild activity. You can enjoy floating down the Provo or Weber Rivers, and if you’re looking for something a little different ride a inner tube down the Weber River.
Summers in Park City are full of festivals and special events. You’ll find everything from arts and crafts to out door concerts. Some of the best festivals include:
- Kimball Arts Festival
- Deer Valley Music Festival
- Savor the Summit
- Park City Food and Wine Classic
- Saturday Summer Concert Series at the Canyons
- Big Stars Bright Nights Concert Series